THIS WEEKEND IN LAHORE, KARACHI, AND ISLAMABAD
April 6th – April 8th 2018
With lots to do in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad, 1947 entertainment and lifestyle is back with #theweekendlist and here’s a bunch of can’t-miss, won’t-miss, things to do this weekend!
Friday, April 6th 2018
LUMS Music Festival by The Music Society of LUMS
Kick-start the weekend with some music and get your tickets for the LUMS Music Festival. The three-day national festival plays on the air, and is all about music. The country’s brightest and often meekest talents will come to the surface through the platform. The event will host many activities including singing competitions, the battle of the bands, music trivia, and a Sufi concert.
- When: Friday, 6th April – Sunday, 8th April (10 am – 10 pm)
- Where: Lahore University of Management Sciences (DHA, Lahore)
Lulusar Concept Store Launch by Lulusar
If you haven’t checked out Lulusar online yet, you must check out their concept store launch this Friday. We all love Lulusar for its urban vibe and colour palette. Grab your friends, and celebrate brand’s one year anniversary over snacks & drinks while viewing its latest collection “Daltas”.
- When: Friday, 6th April (3 pm – 10 pm)
- Where: Lulusar (47 CCA, Phase V, DHA, Lahore)
Storytelling session by Mom with a Craft
Would you like to hear a story about two rabbits that help all their woodland fellows one dark night with a shining lantern? Mom with a Craft brings a fun activity for young listeners where they will learn to make their own ‘upcycled lantern’ to be just as good as these two rabbits.
- When: Friday, 6th April (4:30 pm – 6 pm)
- Where: Race Course Park (Jail Road, Lahore)
- Note: The event is for kids aged 3-7.
Friday Night Karaoke at the Grid
A night full of different performances! The Grid is back with their regular Friday Night Karaoke. We encourage you to sign up and participate! It’s sure to be a good time.
- When: Friday, 6th April (7 pm- 10 pm)
- Where: The Grid (31-C, 7th Lane, Bukhari Commerical Area, Phase 6, DHA, Karachi)
Real Strokes: A Tribute to Artist Shakeel Siddiqui by Alliance française de Karachi
Shakeel Siddiqui is considered a master of super realism and a celebrated artist of Pakistan. Join Alliance Francaise de Karachi’s tribute to the legend. They will be showcasing Siddiqui’s finished and unfinished paintings for inspiration to arts students and art lovers everywhere.
- When: Friday, 6th April – Saturday, 7th April (6 pm- 8 pm)
- Where: Alliance Française De Karachi (Plot ST – 1, Block 8, Kehkashan,, Karachi)
Khawab Tha Shayad by NAPA
This weekend, NAPA will be playing a classic love story of two people madly in love. Abandoned by their families and loved ones, these characters try to make it through the thick and thin. Enjoy the performance with your friends and family.
- When: Friday, 6th April – Sunday, 8th April (8 pm- 9:15 pm)
- Where: NAPA (M.R Kyani Rd, Civil Lines, Karachi)
9th National Book Day 2018 by National Book Foundation
National Book Foundation is hosting a book fair, this Friday. It’s your chance to connect with other readers, meet publishers, and grab a copy of some of the interesting reads you didn’t know about! A not-to-be-missed for the book lovers.
- When: Friday, 6th April – Monday, 9th April (10 am- 1 pm)
- Where: Pakistan China Friendship Centre
Kids Movie Night by VRK Studios
This kid friendly movie night is fun and creative. They will be shown movies with a lesson & purpose so that they can take a thought provoking experience back home. The screening will be followed by a brainstorming session. Bust out the popcorns and enjoy a unique movie experience with your friends.
- When: Friday 6th April (7 pm – 9 pm)
- Where: VRK Studios (G11/1, Abu Bakar Market, Street 11, next to Innovative School, Islamabad)
Islamabad Spring 2018 Preview!
A shout out to ladies in Islamabad! This Friday, Zaheen Kamran will be exhibiting her Spring Jewellery Collection 2018′ in Islamabad along with some amazingly Handcrafted 22k gold plated Bridal Jewellery Masterpieces.
- When: Friday, 6th April (12 pm – 8 pm)
- Where: Melange (Emirates Building No. M-13 F-7, Jinnah Super, Islamabad)
Saturday, April 7th 2018
Daachi Arts and Crafts Exhibition April 2018 by Daachi Foundation
Our favourite Daachi Exhibition is back! This Saturday, the exhibition brings you beautiful handmade products from all over Pakistan. Come help promote Pakistani heritage by attending and supporting the artisans and entrepreneurs by buying their creations.
- When: Saturday, 7th April – Monday, 9th April (10 am- 8 pm)
- Where: Qasar-e-Noor (Community Centre, Model Town Circular Road, Lahore)
WomenX Rung by Womenx Pakistan
WomenX in collaboration with Beaconhouse Newlands bring you a unique family event. The event will showcase some of the brilliant and high-powered entrepreneurs. They will get a chance to exhibit their products. There will be music, flavors of various cuisines, and exciting activities. We are hoping there will be something exciting for everyone!
- When: Saturday, 7th April (5 pm- 11 pm)
- Where: Beaconhouse Newlands (632/1, Block J, Phase VI, Street 10, Lahore)
Kartarpur Sahib – A Film by Umair Ahmad Kahwaja
This Friday, Screening of KARTARPUR SAHIB will take place at the OLO Junction. This documentary depicts the landmark; Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartar Pur, in its true essence. It is also a documentation of the peace and harmony among general populace within a misconstrued society. The screening will be followed by a Q & A session with the Director and team.
- When: Saturday, 7th April (7 pm- 9 pm)
- Where: Olomopolo Media (43-A, Block D, New Muslim Town, Lahore)
Baking Fun by My Learning Caravan
This Saturday, let the kids get creative with cooking but keep your kitchen clean by enrolling them in this hands-on class that is activity based and will ensure that your child becomes a master junior chef by the end of the day.
- When: Saturday, 7th April (2 pm- 4:30 pm)
- Where: My Learning Caravan (104-DD CCA, First Floor, Phase 4, DHA, Lahore)
The first Karachi Art Festival 2018 is being organized by Nigaah Art Magazine. The festival is fashioned and designed to promote art and take it into the public domain by creating accessible platforms for art interactivity. For art lovers, this is a chance to interact with paintings and see them up close.
- When: Saturday, 7th April – Sunday, 8th April (10 am- 6 pm)
- Where: Beach Luxury Hotel (Lalazar, Karachi)
Dance, Heart, and Mind: Workshop with Suhaee Abro by the Second Floor (T2F)
Looking for a dance therapy? T2F brings you a two-day workshop with critically acclaimed dancer Suhaee Abro. The workshop involves elements of dance therapy and aims to provide relief in an age where we are often lead by negative thoughts, fears, and a lack of self awareness, self love and self respect.
- When: Saturday, 7th April (5 pm- 8 pm)
- Where: T2F (10-C, Sunset Lane, Karachi)
Oscillations at Pi & Co.
This Saturday, enjoy a musical Saturday evening at Pi & Co. Oscillations will be presenting the finest musicians and producers from the Indie and Electronic circuit in Pakistan. Oscillate between the unique musical styles of the homegrown talent featuring Natasha Noorani, Rudoh, and Danial Hyatt!
- When: Saturday, 7th April (8 pm- 10:30 pm)
- Where: Pi and Co. (F-79, 3rd Avenue, Block 5, Karachi)
Zard Paton Ka Ban – Karachi Premiere by Theatre Wallay
Zard Paton ka Ban was a huge success in Islamabad. It was performed to rave audience reviews. The team will be performing in Karachi, this weekend. The original theatrical performance is based on our experiences and perceptions of public space, and how public spaces are becoming increasingly inaccessible due to various reasons.
- When: Saturday, 7th April – Sunday, 8th April (7:45 pm – 10 pm)
- Where: Pakistan American Cultural Center (11, Fatima Jinnah Road, Karachi)
Get ready for an evening of seamless storytelling and powerful spoken word by Zain Haider. For those who never heard of him, he is a social commentator and a creative producer. The stories span from GT Road to kingscross and everywhere in between. His style has been described as ‘deeply intimate’, ‘moving’ and ‘thought-provoking’. This one is not to be missed!
- When: Saturday, 7th April (5 pm – 7 pm)
- Where: Serai Bistro (Shop No. 7, Beverley Centre, Blue Area, Islamabad)
Improv Workshop with Jim Robinson by Theatre Wallay
Theatre Wallay brings another exciting event-an improv workshop with Jim Robinson. Jim Robinson is an improviser, performer, writer, and producer. This is a two-hour workshop will take you through the basics of improv, open to all skill levels and professions.
- When: Saturday, 7th April (5:30 pm –7:30 pm)
- Where: The Farm-TW Studio (School Road, Off Korang Road, Banigala, Islamabad)
- For registration, visit http://theatrewallay.com/events/improv-workshop-with-jim-robinson/
What’s better than a night filled with colours of cultural representations, music, attan & company of young energetic Pukhtana. The Night is organised by the students of Comsats Islamabad. The idea is to promote peace, unity & love among the community.
- When: Saturday, 7th April (6 pm –10 pm)
- Where: Obsession Banquet Hall, Islamabad
Sunday, April 8th 2018
Spring Family Carnival & Exhibition by Sakafat-The Colours of Culture
Spend an eventful Sunday with your family at spring family carnival and exhibition as there will be fun activities for every family member. Also, celebrate the cultural heritage and Handcrafted products by Sakafat!
- When: Sunday, 8th April (10 am – 7 pm)
- Where: Royal Palm Golf and Country Club (52, Canal Bank Road, Lahore)
The Farm Night Fest by the Farm Lahore
The farm will be hosting a farm night fest for the families to have a great time. Set in the rustic outdoor, the Night Market is an ensemble of Food, Art and Music. Home startups will whip their magic of tasty delights, high-quality drinks and organic products. Local artists will display and bring to you their creative installations and pieces. See you there!
- When: Sunday, 8th April (6 pm – 12 am)
- Where: Dera Events (Avenue 12, Sector Z, DHA 6, Opposite Raya Golf Club, Lahore)
One Day Tour of Adventurous Hike and Swaik Lake by Tour on Hay
Swaik Lake is one of the most stunning and unexplored beauty in Pakistan, it is also known as Neela Pani. Tour on Hay brings you a one-day trip to Swaik Lake. They have planned some fun activities including cliff diving and swimming!
- When: Sunday, 8th April (6 am – 10 pm)
- Where: Tour on Hay (41- Main GT Road, 1st Floor, Shahdarah Mobile Centre, Lahore)
- For Booking and event details click here.
FestiWalk by Tasweerkash Productions
After organizing successful mega photo-walks, Tasweerkash is back with another two-hour walk in which you will get to learn different techniques of photography. Lets! Walk and learn with the maestro, Aamer EL Syed Tasweerkash- a renowned name in the field of photography, direction and art. Don’t miss!
- When: Saturday, 8th April (7 am – 9 am)
- Where: Pakistan Chowk, Karachi
Zehniat Saaf – Beach Saaf -Karachi Saaf with Team #MainBolunGa
This Sunday, join your local community and become an active citizen. The event is about cleaning the Karachi beach and to spread the awareness! This is your chance to do your part in community building in its true essence!
- When: Sunday, 8th April (2 pm – 5 pm)
- Where: Sea View Karachi
Spring Family Festival by MZ Events & Exhibitions
Spring Family Festival will be full of entertainment festival that will provide an excellent opportunity for fun, entertainment and shopping!
- When: Sunday, 8th April (11 am – 11 pm)
- Where: Pakistan National Council of Arts (Near PTA, F-5, Islamabad)
Jalip’s New Collection Exhibition by Jalips
Jalip is known for trendy fashion accessories both for men and women! The brand is showcasing its products in an exclusive event at Chaaye Khana, F-6 Islamabad; so pop in and check out there the super cool collection before it’s sold out!
- When: Sunday, 8th April (11 am – 11:30 pm)
- Where: Chaaye Khana (Shop-11, Block B, United Bakery Plaza, F-6 Markaz, Islamabad)