THINGS TO DO IN LAHORE, KARACHI AND ISLAMABAD THIS WEEK
Monday 26th March- Friday 30th March, 2018
A week jam-packed with art, music and lots of fun, topped off with a great cup of chai! Here’s your lowdown on 16 cool things to check out this week across Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad.
Lahore Monday 26th – Friday 30th March 2018
Built City-Islamic Art and Architecture-Lahore I Love You LB01
Lahore Fort has been a symbol of the city’s earliest days. The architectural design, patterns, and corners of the space tell stories of triumph, love, and adventure. The walk will be guided by experts on Islamic art and architecture and the young public will be looking into the old and new forms of architecture that make the Lahore Fort a spectacular heritage treasure.
- When: Monday, March 26 (3:30 pm –6 pm)
- Where: Lahore Fort (Circular Road, Lahore)
“12 Architecture across Continents” Exhibition by Raza Kazim
Raza Kazim is a NCA graduate and an Islamabad based architect. His work is a fine blend of art, architecture and photogrammetry, spanning different continents and eras. The exhibition compares various styles and types of architecture to naturally reveal its history, materiality, and construction details.
- When: Friday, March 30 (10 am – 8 pm)
- Where: Hast o Neest (Gulberg II, Lahore)
Shajar-e-Umeed Presents Marg-e-Aswad a Play by DramaF
Fast Drama Society brings you a play focused on social issues faced in our society in collaboration with Shajar-e-Umeed- a nonprofit organization working for a social cause. Connect with it!
- When: Wednesday, March 28 (5 pm – 6 pm)
- Where: Fast University Lahore (852-B, Milaad Street, Faisal Town, Lahore)
MAILA – A Film by Salmaan Peerzada by Olomopolo Media
This Thursday, OLO people are screening a tale of political repression and media executives seeking power to control minds. The action of the film takes place during a Maila (Fiesta), traditionally dedicated to Sufi Saints who are supposed to stand against authorities and support the rights of common people. The screening will be followed by a Q&A session with Salmaan Peerzada.
- When: Thursday, March 29 (7 pm- 9 pm)
- Where: Olomopolo Media (43-A Block D, New Muslim Town, Lahore)
Karachi 26th March – 30th March 2018
Pi & Co. presents TruckArt Working Session with Phool Patti for Karachi Truck Art lovers! You can learn to create your own masterpiece in this unique workshop with Pakistan’s finest TruckArt Team with HaiderAli and SalmanAnchan. The session is for textile designers, artists, painters, or someone just looking for Art Therapy!
- When: Monday, March 26 – Wednesday, March 28 (5 pm – 7 pm)
- Where: Pi and Co. (F-79, 3rd Avenue, Block 5, Karachi)
Join Vasl Artists’ Association at Faraar Gallery, T2F to meet the 10th Taaza Tareen Artists and Writer in Residence. Taaza Tareen, Vasl’s flagship program for young graduates, aims to identify new talent from Pakistan. The theme for this year is “Bijli, Pani aur Gas”- Channelize and showcase your creative aptitude!
- When: Monday, March 26 (6 pm- 7:30 pm)
- Where: T2F (10-C, Sunset Lane, Karachi)
Up for some laughter therapy? Karachi comedy scene is calling. This Wednesday, Ayesha Tariq will be your host. The team is back with Usama Khan, the Amjad Twins, Dr Rafat Jahan, Waqar, and Tabish in the line-up for the coming Wednesday. Bring your friends!
- When: Wednesday, March 28 (8 pm – 9 pm)
- Where: Wingitt (Khayaban-e-Seher, Karachi)
Pakistan International Film Festival 2018 by Pakistan International Film Festival
Great news for Karachi! Pakistan International Film Festival is happening for the first time. The festival will be screening a range of marvellous films including VR screening exhibits. The screening will be followed by star-studded talks with talented storytellers, creators, and filmmaker. Each session will present an opportunity to celebrate films and cinemas in Pakistan. Gear Up!
- When: Thursday, March 29 – Sunday, April 1
- Where: Karachi
- For registrations, follow the link http://piffestival.com/register.php
Salt Soirée 22 Ft. The Alycia Dias Ensemble by Salt Arts
Salt Arts presents Salt Soirée 22 featuring the Alycia Dias. This event will be a treat for those nostalgic about a time when Pakistan had a thriving music scene. Enjoy your favourite numbers along with good food!
- When: Wednesday, March 28 (8:30 pm – 11 pm)
- Where: Cote Rotie (Alliance Francaise, Plot/S-1, Block 8, Kehkashan, Clifton. Karachi)
Mian, Biwi aur Wagah by GOONJ – Mian Biwi aur Wagah and the Second Floor (T2F)
‘Mian Biwi aur Wagah’ is a homecoming experience for the lovers of Urdu theatre, weaved around the lost tradition of letter writing. The play is based on the real-life story of a Pakistani wife and her Indian husband. Riding on experimental theatre dynamics and inventive sound and light ingredients, the production will be a treat not to be missed!
- When: Thursday, March 29 (8 pm – 9:30 pm)
- Where: T2F (10-C, Sunset Lane, Karachi)
Modou Touré: Live in Concert by Alliance française de Karachi
From Dakar to London via Paris and back! Hear Modou Touré live in concert at AFKarachi and enjoy a cool mix of afrobeat, afropop, blues and folk. Modou’s songs are sung in Wolof, Mandinko, Soninke, Portuguese creole, French and English. His music reflects his experiences and talks about love, destiny, origins, and identity.
- When: Friday, March 30 (8 pm – 10 pm)
- Where: Alliance Francaise De Karachi (Plot ST-1 Block 8, Kehkashan, Karachi)
Islamabad 26th March – 30th March 2018
Find the star within – Acting Classes by Institute of Performing Arts and FACE – Foundation for Arts, Culture & Education
FACE is back this week with its acting classes; let your inner star shine in this boot camp and get your acting swag on if you haven’t already.
- When: Monday, March 26 – Tuesday, March 27 (6 pm – 10 pm)
- Where: FACE (1st Floor, Block 6, St 57, Najam Market, F-8/4, Islamabad)
Hilarious Entrepreneurial Lessons learned by National Incubation Center
This week, let’s get together and celebrate the failures in a fun and light-hearted manner! Join Sammy A. Haroon, CEO AlphaX Decision Sciences for his session on “Hilarious look at Entrepreneurial Lessons learned”. Sammy has served in various roles including startup entrepreneur, corporate executive, and as both an angel and corporate investor. All those who are currently running their startups or planning to start a new venture, this is the perfect session to attend!
- When: Wednesday, March 28 (4 pm – 6 pm)
- Where: National Incubation Centre (Plot 24-b, H-9/1, Street 6, Islamabad)
Rapport, Trust, Value – Ingredients of Customer Relationships
Delivered by a renowned motivational speaker, this 4-hour workshop is about building rapport, initiating small talk and building trust with the customer. If you are a business person, attend to understand the market dynamics!
- When: Wednesday, March 28 (9 am- 1:30 pm)
- Where: The Hive at Islamabad (1st Floor, Plot 14E, Manzoor Plaza, Block D, Blue Area, Fazle Haq, Islamabad)
Aay jazbae Dil by Kafe Kaam
Kafe Kaam is celebrating Women’s Day and Pakistan Day by organizing an inspiring assembly of women entrepreneurs (business & social) and displays of their ideas/products. Come and support them!
- When: Wednesday, March 28 (5 pm – 9 pm)
- Where: Kafe Kaam (F-8 Markaz, 1st Floor, al-badar Centre, Islamabad)
Roots Ivy brings you a day full of colours, traditions, and music. An amazing food festival, fun-fair full of games featuring jail corners, kites, dances, and much more! Attend with your family and loved ones!
- When: Thursday, March 29 (12 pm – 9 pm)
- Where: Roots Ivy International University (RCI campus, Opposite DHA II, Gate 1, Main GT road, Islamabad)