THINGS TO DO IN LAHORE, KARACHI AND ISLAMABAD THIS WEEK
Monday 14th May - Friday 18th May, 2018
While you’re busy planning for Ramadan, make this week count with a bunch of can’t-miss things to do in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad. Here’s our pick of 14 of the best events happening this week!
Lahore 14th May – 18th May 2018
It’s time to turn the Monday blues into a fun-loving, interactive session. Chai Hour is calling upon all the chai lovers in town by providing a platform to share their thoughts with like-minded people over some chai. It will be fun to meet people from different walks and fields to discuss ideas, co-create and form collaborations. See you there!
- When: Monday, May 14 (6 pm – 8 pm)
- Where: Daftarkhwan (45-A, Sector XX, Khayaban-e-Iqbal, Phase III, DHA, Lahore)
Tsafira by Sana Nisar Exhibition by Tsafira
Ladies, mark your calendars for Monday, as Sana Nisar will be presenting her exquisite jewellery collection “Tsafira”- a perfect blend of sophistication and allure. The exhibition promises to be a combination of exclusivity and unique craftsmanship with an unforgettable story behind each jewel.
- When: Monday, May 14 (5 pm – 8 pm)
- Where: Sweet Affairs (4-CCA, Phase V, DHA, Lahore)
Reference for Madeeha Gauhar by Ajoka Theatre Pakistan
Madeeha Gauhar, playwright, actor, director, and the founder of Ajoka Theatre- which has given us plays like Charring Cross, passed away last month. Ajoka Theatre Pakistan will be honouring her memory by acknowledging her efforts to create a theatre of social change. Let’s pay a tribute!
- When: Tuesday, May 15 (6 pm – 8 pm)
- Where: Alhamra Arts Council (Mall Road, Lahore)
Lahore Museum in collaboration with Museums Association of Pakistan (MAP) is celebrating International Museums Day 2018. This event aims to raise awareness on how important museums are in the development of society. The theme chosen for 2018 is “Hyper-connected museums: New approaches, new public”.
- When: Tuesday, May 15 (10:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- Where: Lahore Museum (Shahra-e-Quaid-e-Azam, Mall Road, Lahore)
Aks OutReach: Film and Talk by Aks International Minorities Festival
Aks International Minorities Festival in collaboration with NAZ Pakistan will be celebrating the approval of the Transgender Rights Protection Bill- a milestone achieved in the history of transgender activism in Pakistan. To commemorate this achievement, the event will host a screening of 2 short films about the lives of transgender people. The screening will be followed by a discussion about the Khawaja Sera community in Lahore.
- When: Tuesday, May 14 (5 pm – 8 pm)
- Where: Books n Beans (N/52-53, Mian Gurumangat Road, Gulberg II, Lahore)
Ramadan Fest by Amanah Mall
Would you like to offer a warm welcome to Ramadan? Amanah Mall is organising a Ramadan Fest starting this week. The festival will feature desi eateries, live qawwali nights, expert advice, painting contests, standup comedy and much more!
- When: Thursday, May 17 – Friday, May 18 (12:30 pm – 1 am)
- Where: Amanah Mall (Link Road, Model Town, Lahore)
Karachi 14th May – 18th May 2018
The Grid Open-Mic Night for Stand-up Comedy is back with a howl! All the stories from Halla Baba to Karsaaz ki Churail will be covered this Monday. Karachi’s deadliest comedians are coming together to summon the devil where they will cast a spell on you with their all-new stories at Spotlight-Thriller. Miss this and miss out!
- When: Monday, May 14 (8 pm – 10 pm)
- Where: The Grid (31-C, 7th Lane, Bukhari Comm. Area, Phase 6, DHA, Karachi)
Ciné Club at AFK: La Fille du Patron by Alliance française de Karachi
This Tuesday, the Ciné Club at the Alliance Française de Karachi will be screening “The Boss’s Daughter” (2015). The story revolves around a 40-years old workshop supervisor. He falls in love with the daughter of his boss when she chooses him for an ergonomic study, but their relationship attracts the rage and disapproval of everyone. Enjoy this French romantic drama with snacks!
- When: Tuesday, May 15 (6:30 pm – 8 pm)
- Where: Alliance Francaise De Karachi (Plot ST-1 Block 8, Kehkashan, Karachi)
Shehroz Hussain Live @IL Posto caffe‛ & ristorante
Shehroz Hussain is the youngest musician ever to be featured on Coke Studio. He is the eldest son of sitar maestro Ustad Sajid Hussain. He will be performing live at IL Posto caffe in a soulful and satisfying performance to captivate his audience.
- When: Tuesday, May 15 (9 pm – 11:30 pm)
- Where: IL Posto Caffe & ristorante (10-C, Main Khayaban-e-Shahbaz, Phase VI, DHA, Karachi)
Meet the Music Teacher by Pakistan Chowk Community Centre
Pakistan Chowk Community Center will be showcasing the talent of Ahmer Amir urf Bunny. Bunny belongs to the Baray Amanat Ali Khan Sahab’s Patiala Gharana. He teaches classical music in its traditional way infusion with pop music. This Tuesday, an open house has been organized to interact with the teacher in person and get registered for his music class. Come along with your friends and family to hear him sing!
- When: Tuesday, May 15 (5 pm – 7 pm)
- Where: Pakistan Chowk Community Centre, Karachi
Naazo (Ek Kaali Kahaani) Launching Ceremony by Shaikh Filmz
Shaikh Films in collaboration with Arts Council of Pakistan are hosting a launching ceremony of their new film titled “Naazo”. The ceremony will be staged by the versatile cast and will offer quite a few bizarre delights.
- When: Tuesday, May 15 (8 pm – 11 pm)
- Where: Arts Council of Pakistan (M.R. Kayani Road, Karachi)
Islamabad 14th May – 18th May 2018
Shout out to ladies in Islamabad! Sarah Hashwani is hosting a private preview of her latest collection “ruhania”. The collection is a contemporary jewellery line crafted with the intent of channelling the power of positivity into everyday lives.
- When: Monday, May 14 (6 pm – 9 pm) – Wednesday, May 16 (10 am- 10 pm)
- Where: Marriott Hotel, Islamabad
Live Performance by 360 degree the Band
How often do we get to start our week with a live music session? Join the folks at Café Garage for live music with 360 degree the band. We are hoping that the event will be a real crowd-pleaser with great music, pleasant ambience, and delicious food!
- When: Monday, May 14 (8 pm – 10 pm)
- Where: Café Garage (Off Margalla Road, E-11/4, behind Afzal Zakia’s Marquee, Islamabad)
3 Days Tour to Naran Kaghan Valley Babusar top
Wild Adventure club is offering an amazing weekend getaway to kick-start your Ramadan in a chilled environment of Naran Kaghan and Babusar top. It is for those people who want to save money, enjoy cool lovely weather, the local bazaars, mosques, and eateries.
- When: Friday, May 18 – Sunday, May 20 (10 am – 1 am)
- Where: Wild Adventure Club (G-10, Islamabad)
- For details, click here