THIS WEEKEND IN LAHORE, KARACHI, AND ISLAMABAD
March 16th – March 18th 2018
From entertaining theatre shows, fabulous food and the snazziest art exhibitions, here are some of the coolest events to check out this weekend across Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad!
Friday, March 16th 2018
Finally! We’ve been eagerly awaiting the return of Lahore Eat; the 3-day food festival starts this Friday at the Fortress Stadium. Pop in to enjoy amazing food and entertainment.
- When: Friday, 16th March – Sunday, 25th March (all day)
- Where: Fortress Stadium (Cantt, Lahore)
2. Everyday Glamour by Taseer Art Gallery
Fancy checking out some art this weekend? Then head to Taseer Art Gallery; this exhibition is one of the collateral events of Lahore Biennale 01 and will display the artwork of Razin Rubin, Naveed Amjad, and Hassan Qureshi. Excited? We are.
- When: Friday 16th March (1 pm – 6 pm)
- Where: Taseer Art Gallery (8 Arif Jan Road, Lahore)
3. Aks International Minorities Festival by Aks International Minorities Festival and the Second Floor (T2F)
After touring Lahore and Islamabad, Aks International Minorities Festival has come to Karachi. Aks is global human rights initiative designed to facilitate an already existing socio-political and cultural dialogue. The 2018 edition of Aks International Minorities Festival is showcasing the works of Bilal Minto, Kanwal Khoosat, and Kalid Gill. You miss this, you miss out.
- When: Friday 16th March – Sunday, 18th March (5 pm- 10 pm)
- Where: The Second Floor (10-C, Sunset Lane, Karachi)
4. Sufiana Shaam by Koyla Chai
Take a night off from your worries, ditch the daily routine, and come soothe yourself in the beauty of Sufism. Let your soul experience an evening that will leave you mesmerized.
- When: Friday 16th March – Sunday 18th March (8 pm- 10 pm)
- Where: Koyla Chai (D2, Block 2, Clifton, Bilawal Chowrangi, Karachi)
5. Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid – TW Film Club by Theatre Wallay
The Theatre Wallay film club brings you classic films from bygone eras, love stories, and spy dramas! This Friday they will be screening the classic western, Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Join them if you love independent movies!
- When: Friday 16th March – Sunday 18th March (8 pm- 10 pm)
- Where: Theatre Wallay (The Farm, TW studio, School Road, Off Korangi road, Islamabad)
Saturday, March 17th 2018
6. Romanian Spring Festival by Olomopolo Media
OLO people are welcoming spring with the Romanian Spring Festival. The festival will be showcasing international artists alongside domestic talent. Experience firsthand the diverse offering of culture and artistic expression!
- When: Saturday 17th March (7 pm- 9 pm)
- Where: Olomopolo Media (43-A, Block D, New Muslim Town, Lahore)
- For invites, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your mobile number, number of invitations and full name.
7. Shimmer it up! Play dough and Slime Party by My Learning Caravan
This Saturday calls for a fun-filled slime and playdough session. There will be playdough mats, fluffy slime, glittery slime, chocolate slime playdough, crayon wax playdough and slime in assorted colours. A perfect afternoon for kids and slime lovers alike!!
- When: Saturday 17th March (11 am- 1:30 pm)
- Where: My Learning Caravan (104-DD, CCA, First Floor, Phase 4, DHA. Lahore)
8. Silent Beats Rewind by Maverick Solutions
Are you guys ready for a super entertaining night out? Maverick Solution brings you a long list of activities including live BBQ, bonfire, battle of bands, entertainment, music gala, and much more – all under one roof!
- When: Saturday 17th March (4 pm- 9 pm)
- Where: Bahria Town, Lahore
9. Aur thora sa muskurao, Abbas Ali Khan live and unplugged by Koel Cafe
Looking for a fun way to spend your Saturday night? Do it over a cup of tea and scrumptious bites for an evening full of soulful music under the open sky at Koel Café.
- When: Saturday 17th March (9 pm – 12 am)
- Where: Koel Café (F-42/ II, Block 4, Clifton, Karachi)
10. Hatha Yoga 2.0 by Alizeh Valjee by Pi and Co.
If you’ve always wanted to join yoga class but are too nervous to try, Pi and Co present you a beautiful opportunity to be part of a morning Yoga session. Hatha yoga aligns the mind and body. It has many benefits including flexibility, toning of the body, and relaxation. Balance your life and re-evaluate your personal space!
- When: Saturday 17th March (9:45 am – 11:30 am)
- Where: Pi & Co. (F-79, 3rd Avenue, Block 5, Karachi)
11. Francophonie Open Day at AFK by Alliance Française de Karachi
Are you curious about learning the language of love and discovering French culture? This Saturday, stop by the Francophonie Open Day and try out a free French class (and free French food!). What’s great is that you don’t even need to know any French to attend!
- When: Saturday 17th March (11 am – 2:30 pm)
- Where: Alliance Francaise De Karachi (Plot ST-1, Block 8, Kehkashan, Karachi)
- Note: Register your spot at email@example.com
12. Belle’s Spring Exhibition
Ladies of Islamabad, swing by and browse through everyday outfits your wardrobe would be grateful for.
- When: Saturday 17th March (1 pm –9 pm)
- Where: Bahria Town (602L, Street 17, Phase 8, Bahria Town, Islamabad)
13. Weekly Social Meetup Islamabad by Smart Image Institute and Smart Club Pakistan
If you often feel sad or even depressed, you don’t have to go through this alone. WEEKLY SOCIAL MEETUP PLAN is a self-help group that aims to work with you to learn and share helpful techniques to cope with negative emotions for the betterment of ourselves and loved ones.
- When: Saturday 17th March (4 pm –6:30 pm)
- Where: Hotel Grand Ambassador (G5/2 Ata Turk Ave, Near State Bank, Islamabad)
Sunday, March 18th 2018
14. Lahore Biennale 01 by Lahore Biennale Foundation
Lahore Biennale foundation is launching its inaugural edition of the Lahore Biennale (LB01) to be held from 18th to 31st March 2018. The fourteen-day cultural event aims to revive the rich culture of Lahore. It will be held at seven major venues that engage with the city’s Mughal, Colonial and Modern layers. Let’s celebrate creativity and diversity of “Zinda-Dilan-e-Lahore!
- When: Sunday, 18th March – Saturday, 31st March (11 am – 9 pm)
- Where: Lahore (Lahore Fort, Shahi Hammam, Mubarak Haveli & Tehsil Park, Lahore Museum, Alhamra Art Centre, Bagh-e-Jinnah and the main Canal road)
15. Khawateen Bethak by ProperGaanda
The first of its kind, Khawateen Baithak is an event that caters solely to women. It is an event for women, by women. It will provide a platform for female influencers, entrepreneurs, role models and performers alike, to share stories, inspire each other, laugh, network and be themselves. Let’s uplift one another.
- When: Sunday 18th March (7:30 pm – 10:30 pm)
- Where: Mocca Café (Packages Mall, Walton Road, Lahore)
16. Day Trip to National Ostrich Festival by the Mad Hatters
Are you ready to party with the ostriches? Join The Mad Hatters to attend the National Ostrich Festival in Kala Shah Kaku in a family event featuring ostrich-themed activities, regional entertainment, scrumptious food, upscale arts & crafts and much more!
- When: Sunday 18th March (9 am – 9 pm)
- Where: The Mad Hatters, Lahore
- For event details, click here
17. Manners Matter by the Magical Pencil
How are your kid’s table manners when at a restaurant with you? It’s time to teach your kids, proper table manners with “Manners Matter” workshop this Sunday. We believe table manners will become your kid’s favourite!
- When: Sunday 18th March (4 pm- 5:30 pm)
- Where: English Tea House (24-K, Gulberg II and 68-Z, DHA, Lahore)
- Note: Suitable for kids aged 5-11.
18. Jashan e Baharan 2018 by Pavilion End Club
The Sunday is your last chance to dash outdoors to make the most of what is left of winters. Spend an eventful Sunday with your family at Jashan-e-Baharan enjoying free aladin rides, pet show, cultural show, musical concert, food stalls, magic show and what not!
- When: Sunday 18th March (11 am – 11 pm)
- Where: Pavillion End Club (Main Rashid Minhas Road, Adjacent to Alladin Park, Karachi)
19. Book Club: The Ice-Candy-Man by Bapsi Sidhwa by British Council Karachi
If you’re anything like us, you find book clubs fabulous and fun! The British Council Karachi picked the enthralling ‘Ice-Candy-Man’ by Bapsi Sidhwa for this months reading, the book follows the life of Lenny, a Parsi eight-year-old girl, and shares her innocent yet intelligent perspective on life. Gear up for an engrossing conversation.
- When: Sunday 18th March (3 pm – 4 pm)
- Where: British Council Karachi
- Note: To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, CNIC, B-Form, Passport or Library Membership number.
20. Open Mic at Lok Virsa – Weekly Sessions of Folk Songs & Music by Lok Virsa – National Institute of Folk & Traditional Heritage
Lok Virsa’s weekly Open Mic sessions have been running successfully for the past few months. This will be another entertaining sing-along and dance-along event, open to all music enthusiasts.
- When: Sunday 18th March (3 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Where: Lok Virsa (Garden Avenue, Shakarparian, Islamabad)