Things to do in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad this week
28th Aug - 2nd Sept 2017
Things to do in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad this week
We have a jam packed week brimming with activities, the good news is with Eid just around the corner, you have a long weekend to look forward to and enjoy the festivities!
Here are 13 things to do in Pakistan this week…
Monday 28th August 2017
1) Sublime by Sara Eid Collection 2017 (Islamabad)
With Eid only a few short days away, this exhibit couldn’t have been more perfectly timed. Sublime by Sara has something for everyone, the collection is bursting with colour (we’re particularly fond of her tangelo tunics), signature embroideries and immaculate tailoring.
Sara’s collections are always and simply ‘sublime’. We’re sure you’ll be leaving with more than a piece or two and if you miss this, you’ll miss out.
- When: 28th August (12pm – 8pm)
- Where: Toni & Guy – Jinnah Avenue, 2nd Floor, Adjacent to Patiala Diamonds, Beverly Centre, Islamabad.
- Contact: @SublimeBySara | (051) 2814080/1
2) Tree Plantation Drive (Islamabad)
The Tree Plantation drive has been set up by the lovely team from the Human Development Foundation (HDF), this is one of the many efforts by this non profit who are deeply invested in creating efforts for sustainable human development – in all its forms. Everyone is welcome, so pop in for an hour or so, your efforts will be appreciated not only by the team but by mother nature.
- When: 28th August (10:30 am – 1 pm)
- Where: Lake View Park, Islamabad
- Contact: @TreePlantationDrive
3) Excavate: Superior Communication Techniques (Karachi)
Human beings are like icebergs, what you see on the surface is often a very small part of the story. If you are a team leader, own a small business or are just looking to improve your leadership skills, check out Asif Khan in action.
- When: 28th August (9am – 5pm)
- Where: Karachi
- Contact: Carnelian
4) Chup the play (Karachi)
Salman has been receiving calls from an unknown number. Nobody says anything but the calls are persistent. His mother is also receiving the same calls. Father has hearing problems and yet he seems to hear something no one else does. Each member of the family has a different explanation for what’s going on. Is it some sign, some warning, or a call from someone they know?
Directed by SUNIL SHANKER | Written by FAWAD KHAN
- When August 28th – September 1st (8.00pm)
- Where: at NAPA Basement Theatre Hindu gymkhana, Karachi, Pakistan
- Contact: @Chup
Tuesday 29th August 2017
5) International Youth Day Celebration (Islamabad)
PIDE is celebrating youth day on August 29, 2017 in collaboration with UN Volunteer. Different activities and talks are to be arranged to engage youth all around Pakistan for this day. The theme of Youth Day 2017 is “Youth Building Peace”.
- When: 29th August, (8.00 am – 11.00 am)
- Where: Pakistan Institute of Development Economics Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
- Contact: @InternationalYouthCelebration
6) Open Day and Information Session on the National Incubation Center (Lahore)
In 2014, the LUMS Center for Entrepreneurship was established as an independent Center under the LUMS charter formalising the institution’s support for aspiring entrepreneurs in Pakistan. The Center scouts, grooms and connects promising startup founders building high growth and high impact companies with mentors, investors and partners that can further the growth of those young businesses. If you’re a budding entrepreneur, this is the place to be.
- When: 29th – 30th August, (10.00am – 4.00pm)
- Where: 3rd floor, SDSB, LUMS, Lahore, Lahore, Pakistan-54792
- Contact: National Incubation Center Lahore
7) Tropicana Beach Party (Karachi)
SPE NED Chapter is organising a thrilling Beach Party at Turtles Beach as a Second Social Event of NED’s Biggest Quiz Competition PetroBowl ’17 for participants and other students. Groups and individuals are welcome to join in the fun!
- When: 29th August, (1.00pm – 8.00pm)
- Where: Turtle Beach Karachi, Hawksbay Road, Karachi.
- Contact: SPE NED Student Chapter
Wednesday 30th August 2017
Satrang Art Gallery is opening a new showcase featuring three artists. Titled ‘Occupying the Third Space’ Uswa Ahmed, Nazia Akram and Seyhr Qayum work will be on display for all to see.
- When: 30th August, (6.00pm – 9.00pm)
- Where: Satrang Art Gallery, Serena hotel, Islamabad.
- Contact: Satrang Art Gallery
9) Zouq e Qawwal (Karachi)
NED university are hosting a mystic sufi program, indulge in 4 non-stop hours of mesmerising qawali.
- When: 30th August, (12.30pm – 4.30pm)
- Where: NED University of Engineering & Technology University Road, Karachi – 75270, Pakistan, Karachi.
- Contact:Mosaic NED
Thursday 31st August 2017
10) Passione d’ Italia – A photography exhibition by Arif Mahmood (Karachi)
The opening night of ‘A photo odyssey’ by Arif Mahmood, an ode to his travels, 13 years of Italy (2004-2017). The show is from 31st Aug -9th Sept 2017.
- When: 31st August, (5.00pm – 8.30pm)
- Where: Frere Hall, Karachi.
- Contact: Arif Mahmood
11) Open Mic Sessions at Lok Virsa – Auditions (Islamabad)
Lok Virsa are holding Open-Mic auditions this Thursday. Open-Mic is an opportunity for upcoming singing stars to perfect their performances in front of a crowd. Lok Virsa is a fab place for families and friends to spend their Sundays with live music, folk singing and dancing.
- When: 31st August, (5.00pm)
- Where: Mai Bhagi Hall, Garden Avenue, Shakarpariyan Road. Islamabad.
- Contact: Lok Virsa – National Institute of Folk & Traditional Heritage
Friday 1st September 2017
12) All Pakistan music conference | Monthly Concert (Lahore)
On 1st September USTAD Shafqat Ali Khan, his son Faizan Ali Khan & Nadir Ali Khan are performing in Lahore at a monthly concert organised by All Pakistan music conference
- When: 1st September (6.00 pm)
- Where: Punjabi Complex, 1-Gaddafi Stadium, Ferozepur Road, Lahore.
- Contact: All Pakistan Music Conference Monthly Concert
Saturday 2nd September 2017
13) RUNG BARSAY (Islamabad)
You’re in for a treat with this one, pop into the Alpha Adventures Club and join in the RUNG celebrations, with live music, food stalls and lots more.
- When: 2nd September (1.00 pm – 4.00 pm)
- Where: Tanga Grill & Cuisine, Shan e Pakistan Terrace, Bani Gala, Islamabad.
- Contact: Alpha Adventure Club | Rung Barsay (Islamabad)