WHAT’S ON THIS WEEKEND LAHORE | KARACHI | ISLAMABAD
Saturday 18th Nov - Sunday 19th Nov 2017
Eat, laugh and be merry this weekend with 11 fun events to check out across Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad!
LAHORE: 18th – 19th November 2017
Coke Food Fest brings you a weekend full of entertainment and lots & lots of food- all under one roof! So Lahore, are you ready to take your taste buds on a ride like never before! Featuring live performances by Strings, Ali Hamza, Ali Sethi, Khumariyaan, Nabeel Shaukat, Horeya Asmat, Asim Azhar, Quadrum and Sonu Dangerous, you wouldn’t want to miss out on this. Sounds exciting right?
- When: Fri 17th – Sat 18th – Sun 19th Nov 2017 (12pm – 10pm)
- Where: Royal Palm Golf and Country Club 52 Canal bank, Lahore – More details can be found here.
A collective of really cool women in comedy that believe in the power of laughter, and of owning the stage with silliness and honesty. Please note that no one under 15 years of age will be admitted into the show, and there are no stags allowed (sorry guys!)
- When: Sat 18th Nov 2017 (7pm – 8.30pm)
- Where: Books n Beans N-52-53, Main Gurumangat Road, Gulberg 2, Lahore – More details can be found here.
We really don’t enough workshops like this in Lahore; the “Chota Mota Theatre” are on a mission to encourage children to engage in theatre as it facilitates in refreshing their minds, strengthen their personalities and improve self-confidence. This is a brilliant weekend activity for your kids, or even for you to enjoy with your mini-me.
- When: Sun 19th Nov 2017 (2pm – 4pm)
- Where: The Happieee Place Main Boulevard Gulberg, Lahore. – More details can be found here.
4. Learn: AI 1.0 Launch Event by Tax Dosti
Lahore AI gatherings are quarterly, learn more about Artificial Intelligence as practitioners focus on lessons to apply AI to your business. Each gathering consists of 3 elements enabling interactive sessions.
5. Learn: 1 Day Essay & Personal Statement Workshop – Lahore by The Writing Institute
For the first time in Lahore, learn the art of Essay Writing! Ever wanted to write an amazing Personal Statement for College? Excellent Essays? Now is your chance!
- When: Sun 19th Nov 2017 (10pm – 12pm)
- Where: Savoey Hotel Lahore 237 –A/3, Gurumanget Road. Lahore – More details can be found here.
KARACHI: 18th – 19th November 2017
1. Chill: Mughal-e-Funk by Salt Arts
Mughal-e-Funk, certainly the hottest Southasian fusion + funk act around. We checked them out last Sunday at The Mix in Lahore and they certainly knocked our socks right off! Mughal-e-Funk features the multi-talented Kami Paul on drums, Rufus Shahzad on synth and keys and none other than the classically trained contemporary musician Rakae Jamil on sitar. Get ready for a mind-blowing performance.
- When: Sat 18th Nov 2017 (9pm – 11pm)
- Where: Alliance Française De Karachi Karachi – More details can be found here.
2. Style: The MASTER CLASS – Skincare & Makeup by Neya W. – Makeup artist
This makeup course covers everything you need to know to start your journey to become a professional freelance makeup artist. In this course you will learn how to apply makeup for all occasions from day to night looks, seasonal trends as well as your basic hygiene tips. The course is a combination of theory and practical.
- When: Sat 18th Nov 2017 (1pm – 6.30pm)
- Where: Studio Seven Karachi F-42/1, E Street, Block 4 KDA Karachi – More details can be found here.
3. Chill: Dine with a flavour of Qawwali at Pi Social. by Pi Social
Pi Social is an entertainment night with accompanied by great food, drinks, nature with a flavour of Soulful Sufi Music! Presented by Qawwal Tauqeer Ahmed Niazi, this will be a magical night set in one the prettiest outdoors venues in Karachi.
- When: Sat 18th Nov 2017 (8pm)
- Where: Pi Social F-79, 3rd Avenue, Block 5, Karachi. – More details can be found here.
4. Explore: One Day Trip to Churna Island by Arabian Scuba
The team at Arabian Scuba are really passionate about what they do, their goal is to promote water sports through sustainable development and creating employment opportunities for the marginalized sections of society.
This Sunday join the team and dabble in a little snorkelling, cliff jumping or even jet skiing! drop them a message and book your adventure today!
- When: Sun 19th Nov 2017 (7am – 7pm)
- Where: Arabian Scuba 1/G Block 6 PECHS, Karachi. – More details can be found here.
ISLAMABAD: 18th – 19th November 2017
1. Learn: Hiking of Future Leaders VI by Youth Association of Pakistan
Has public speaking never really been your thing? Well here’s your chance to conquer that fear. The lovely Youth Association of Pakistan is here to help! The idea behind this talk is to equip you with basic tools we all need to become an effective public speaker.
- When: Sat 18th Nov 2017 (8am – 3pm)
- Where: IYouth Association of Pakistan Office # 4-B/2, Omni Arcade, MPCHS, E-11/3, Markaz, Islamabad – More details can be found here.
2. Explore: 1-Day Trip To Rawalakot by PIIE-Adventure Club
Great news for our fellow adventurers and photographers, The PIIE Adventure Club has set up a trip to Rawalakot (Bajoosa Lake and Toli Peer). Rawalakot is a township in the district of Poonch, Azad Jammu Kashmir. Located in the Pir Panjal Range commonly known as the Pearl Valley because of the abundance of almond blossoms in the valley give an impression of scattered pearls.
- When: Sat 18th Nov 2017 (6am – 9pm)
- Where: PIIE-Adventure Club F-10/2 Sumbal Road Islamabad. – More details can be found here.
3. Culture: TW Breakfast Club by Theatre Wallay
Theatre Wallay is a non-commercial group of artists with a passion for theatre and literature. Go and share a text of your choice with their reading group and enjoy a delicious breakfast in the sunny courtyard at The Farm! (The text can be original or extracted from any published work in any language.)