Things to do in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad this week
4th - 10th Sept 2017
Things to do in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad this week.
From moonlight dinners, drum circles and open mic nights, to urban development talks and exciting excursions, plus concerts and plays in full swing. Here are 12 things to do in Pakistan this week…
Monday 4th September 2017
1) Open Mic Night Hosted by Caffe Royale Pakistan (Lahore)
Caffe Royale London has organised an open mic evening for amateurs and pros alike, unleash your alter ego or a leap of faith, perhaps this is the moment you’ve been looking for to perform on stage.
With many mainstream media outlets covering the event (Samaa TV, City 42, Lahore News, Geo), this could be an opportunity of a lifetime.
- When: 4th Sept 2017 (5pm-12am)
- Where: Model housing Ferozepur road, Kahna Lahore.
- Contact: Open Mic Night
2) Damanekoh – Monal Run (Group Run 38) by Islamabad – run with us
A great group of enthusiast
- When: 4th Sept 2017 (5.30pm)
- Where: Marghazar Zoo parking. Islamabad
- Contact: Islamabad – run with us / Run coordinators Qasim Naz (0313-7896969) & Naveed Ur Rehman (0336-1528828)
Tuesday 5th September 2017
Fancy waking up to this in the morning, ahh bliss. Well here’s your chance to do so, join the Falcon Adventure Club and go on a 6-day adventure to the Hunza Valley. Prices are from just PKR 20,000 and for more information on the tour check out their links below.
- When: 4th Sept 2017
- Where: Islamabad – Hunza
- Contact: Falcon Adventure Club
Wednesday 6th September 2017 *Defence Day
THE DRUM CLINIC holds Full Moon Drum Circles every month, and with the arrival of the Harvest Moon on the 6th of September, it might be nice (even cathartic) to release all that no longer serves us and join in to raise the vibration of love and peace on Earth together.
- When: 4th Sept 2017 (5pm-12am)
- Where: Outpost BYOB, Phase 8 (Ex Parkview Society), DHA, Lahore.
- Contact: The Drum Clinic or call 0323-4069009
Starring Sania Saeed and Nimra Bucha, OLOMOPOLO Media presents Mushk! Taking place in Lahore on the 6th-7th. We don’t know all too much about the plot, all we have is this gripping image to go on, but we may just pop in and check it out.
- When: 6th-7th Sept 2017 (7.30pm) *Update: rescheduled for 6th October
- Where: Alhamra Arts Council, Mall
- Contact: Olomopolo Media
6) Defence Day Celebrations – sky lanterns and open mic night set under the Harvest Full Moon at The Fossils by Sadhu’s Retreat
Sadhu’s Retreat has been used, for decades, as meditation space by Buddhist monks. With the caves just next door, the Retreat lies in a valley surrounded by green hills.
The restaurant known for its freshly cooked homestyle food is celebrating Defence Day with a special 15% discount for serving, retired armed forces and para military personnel. A sky lantern ceremony and roaring open mic night, sounds like a lovely way to spend an evening with loved ones.
- When: 6th Sept 2017 (5pm-12am)
- Where: 2.5 Km off Sector D 12, on Shah Allahditta road /Alexander’s route. Near Islamabad.
- Contact: The Fossils
Thursday 7th September 2017
Come meet the Facebook team and learn how to build, grow and manage your business! Perfect for all start-ups.
- When: 7th Sept 2017 (12pm-7pm)
- Where: 3rd-floor Auditorium & 6th-floor Auditorium, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346- B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore.
- Contact: FB Masterclass & @Plan9Incubator
- To register click here
Friday 8th September 2017
8) Heritage Based Urbanism: A Development Model for Lahore? hosted by The Last Word
Attiq Ahmed explores what’s at stake when Lahore’s population growth and urban development can’t keep up. He’s presenting a solution, a developed a model for the city on the premise of heritage protection.
Lahore alone accounts for two World Heritage Sites, amongst a treasure trove of locations across and around the city. Urban development requires massive change, and we think you should listen to what Attiq has to say.
- When: 8th Sept 2017 (6.30pm-8pm)
- Where: 37-A2, Main Mehmood Kasuri Road, Gulberg 3, Lahore.
- Contact: The Last Word
- For event details, click here
Saturday 9th September 2017
We’ve been fans of Jimmy Khan for the best part of a decade! This is his second tour of Karachi with Salt Arts and as a major contributor to their 2017 Southasia series. Jimmy Khan, knows how to drop an unplugged melody that’ll keep you humming for days. If you’re in Karachi, this isn’t to be missed.
- When: 9th September 2017 (Doors Open: 8.30PM / Show Starts: 9.00PM)
- Where: Gardens of the Alliance Francaise Karachi
- Contact: @SaltArts
- Tickets & Box Office: (Pre-Bookings only) Call 0305 2672030 / (021) 35873402 / (021) 35862864
- Online Tickets: http://bookitnow.pk/event/
Sunday 10th September 2017
10) An Evening of Poetry (Lahore)
- When: 10th Sept 2017 (7pm-8pm)
- Where: 7 pm at Hastoneest Lahore *3, Iftikhar Ahmed Malik Road, Shariff Colony, Canal Park, Gulberg II
- Contact: Hast o Neet or simply call 0300 8493170
11) Innovators Underground Music Tour – Chapter Season 1 by Innovators (Islamabad)
With the location, lineup of DJ’s and artists top-secret (or on a need to know basis), we’re quite curious to see what Innovators event management team has in store for us in Islamabad this weekend. Worth finding out? We think so.
- When: 10th Sept 2017 (10pm-10pm)
- Where: TBC
- Contact: @innovatorsarewe or call 0321 5096399 for information and bookings
- When: 10th Sept 2017 (9pm-6pm)
- Where: Near Islamabad
- Contact: Team Shaheen Adventures Pakistan / 0334 1111759 Major Sajid Hussain Shah