THINGS TO DO IN LAHORE, KARACHI AND ISLAMABAD THIS WEEK
Monday 30th April - Friday 4th May, 2018
Say goodbye to the Monday blues with a brilliant line-up of events that’ll get you moving and grooving in no time. From full moon drum circles to iconic art shows, hilarious comedy nights and with the music scene in full swing – we suggest you put your glad rags and enjoy a week packed with fun, fashion and culture across Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad!
Lahore 30th April – 4th May 2018
Full Moon Drum Circle – April 2018 by the Drum Clinic
The Drum Clinic holds Full Moon Drum Circles every month. The arrival of the April Full Moon, also known as the Pink Moon, brings us happy thoughts and positive shifts in energy. It might be nice to enjoy the beautiful spring colours flowing around our mother earth and beat those drums to share some warm, fuzzy feelings with one another and spread smiles!
- When: Monday, April 30 (7 pm – 10 pm)
- Where: Dervish – The food Souq (Barki Road, Lahore)
Tassaduq Sohail ‘Jungle World’ by Unicorn Gallery
Visit Unicorn Gallery to enjoy a presentation of surrealist masterpieces by Tassaduq Sohail- Pakistan’s most original and well-known international painter. His paintings have been exhibited worldwide including the famous Bonhams. Inspired by Picasso, Van Gogh, Sadequain, it will be mesmerising to watch Sohail’s Jungle World.
- When: Monday, April 30 – Wednesday, May 30 (4 pm – 9 pm)
- Where: Unicorn Gallery (32-B2, Main Gulberg, Lahore)
Tujh Say Nahi Hoga! – A Comedy Play by ZigZag
This Thursday, a comedy play is being staged at Alhamra Arts Council. Starring youngsters, the play will help potential actors explore their capabilities. Watch “Tujh Say Nahi Hoga” to explore the journey of Faseeh Raza-a young, awkward director all set to stage his first commercial performance. Will Faseeh be able to pull it off?
- When: Thursday, May 3 – Saturday, May 5 (7 pm – 8:30 pm)
- Where: Alhamra Arts Council (Mall Road, Lahore)
Skills & Thrills by LAGAN
Do you have some exceptional skills? Are you looking for a platform to showcase your real potential? Sukh Chan Wellness Club is giving you an opportunity to show some skills at “Skills and Thrills”- a competition-based event. The event will feature different competitions including Singing, Debate, Mehdhi Design, Artistic Art, Cooking and Film Making.
- When: Friday, May 4 (9 am – 3 pm)
- Where: Sukh Chan Wellness Club (25-H, Gulberg II, Lahore)
Toba Tek Singh by Lahore School Dramatics Society (LSDS)
Lahore School Dramatics Society (LSDS) presents its Annual play “Toba Tek Singh” which is an adaptation of Saadat Hasan Manto’s play. The play narrates the story of different individuals affected by the partition between India and Pakistan. Witness some compelling performances and post 1947 chaos, this Friday.
- When: Friday, May 4 – Saturday, May 5 (6 pm – 9 pm)
- Where: Lahore School of Economics (Intersection Main Boulevard, Phase VI, DHA, Burki Road, Lahore)
Karachi 30th April – 4th May 2018
Musical Evening: Markus & Shahzad by Alliance française de Karachi
Visit #AFKarachi this Monday to enjoy a concert where Eastern qawwali tradition meets electro-European accents. It will be a musical collaboration between Pakistani Qawwal Shahzad Santoo Khan and French electronic music maestro Markus Oud.
- When: Monday, April 30 (8:30 pm – 10:30 pm)
- Where: Alliance Francaise De Karachi (Plot ST-1 Block 8, Kehkashan, Karachi)
Cultural Exhibition for Entrepreneurs by Khuandkai
KhuandKai gives a new level of promotions, marketing and corporate events. This year Khuandkai decided to promote Art and culture by providing a platform to Entrepreneurs. The event aims to support people who are making a difference in promoting Culture and Art with their business.
- When: Tuesday, May 1 (10 am – 8 pm)
- Where: Karachi Marriott Hotel (9 Abdullah Haroon Road, Karachi)
Unscripted: Standup comedy by Karachi Comedy Club and the Grid
Tired of listening to old jokes again and again? Come to a show where even the comics don’t know the jokes! Karachi Comedy Club presents, “Unscripted” – a standup comedy show without a script with sets entirely improvised by the comics on stage!
- When: Thursday, May 3 (8:30 pm – 10 pm)
- Where: The Grid (31-C, 7th Lane, Bukhari Comm. Area, Phase 6, DHA, Karachi)
Wahab Jaffer’s Exhibition by Art Citi
Visit Art Citi this Thursday to catch the opening ceremony of Wahab Jaffer’s exhibition. Wahab Jaffer, one of Pakistan’s most respected abstract artists, was born in Poona in 1941. He was interested in art and painting from a very young age and is one of the few Pakistani artists today who has had the privilege to learn from masters such as Ali Imam, Ahmed Parvez and Bashir Mirza. Here’s your chance to enjoy the works of one of Pakistan’s original modern art masters.
- When: Thursday, May 3 (6 pm – 8 pm)
- Where: Art Citi (Plot 36-C, 2nd Floor, Office#2, Bukhari Lane 13, Khayaban-e-Shuja, Karachi)
Gear up Ladies! Couture designers Rimple and Harpreet will be exhibiting their exquisite designs for the first time in Karachi. The designers have been headlining Indian Fashion weeks for a decade. They were one of lead costume designers of Bhansali’s Padmavat. Excited? Coz we are!
- When: Friday, May 4 (10 am – 8 pm)
- Where: Pearl Continental Hotel, Karachi
Islamabad 30th April – 4th May 2018
After a successful run in Lahore and Karachi, JDPC will be performing in Islamabad in a week! You may want to brush up on who’s who in this large ensemble cast. Join the cast and crew at Kuch Khaas this Monday for an interactive session! Directed by Sarmad Khoosat Jhaanjar Di Paawaan Chhankaar (JDPC) is the story of a blind, aspiring musician Hamza and what transpires after he decides to live away from his overprotective mother.
- When: Monday, April 30 (7:30 pm- 8:30 pm)
- Where: Kuch Khaas, Islamabad
Mosawi Arts and Crafts Fair by Mosawi
It’s time to shop for handmade crafts! This Tuesday Mosawai is organising a unique marketplace to shop for one-of-a-kind handmade items; art and illustration; crafted with love and care. See you there!
- When: Tuesday, May 1 (6 pm – 10 pm)
- Where: The Olympus Mall (F-11 Markaz, Islamabad)
Songs of Freedom by PRSF Islamabad-Rawalpindi
Progressive Students Federation (PRSF) is back with their annual musical show! Every year the event brings together students, workers, women, and communities from different ethnic and religious backgrounds to convey the message of unity. This year’s event is dedicated to the life and struggle of Mashaal Khan. Join them with your friends and family and support the cause!
- When: Tuesday, May 1 (5 pm – 9 pm)
- Where: Lok Virsa (Garden Road, Islamabad)
Open Mic at Lok Virsa – Your Folk Songs by Lok Virsa
Explore the Lok Virsa’s “Open Mic” event this Thursday at Mai Bhagi Hall. It’s an excellent platform for amateur artists and performers to showcase their skills to a jury and get an opportunity to perform in front of an eager, cheering crowd on Sundays!
- When: Thursday, May 3 (4 pm – 6 pm)
- Where: Lok Virsa (Garden Avenue, Shakarpariyan Road, Islamabad)