THINGS TO DO IN LAHORE, KARACHI AND ISLAMABAD THIS WEEK
Monday 12th Feb- Friday 16th Feb, 2018
Don’t know what to do this week? Well, worry no more friends, because 1947 Entertainment & Lifestyle has the perfect solution, whatever mood you are in. Here’s our short list of 14 must check out events in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad this week!
Lahore 12th-16th February 2018
1. Fashion Fiesta/Fashion Show 2018 by Red Stone Productions
Red Stone productions bring you a high profile fashion fiesta boasting an ever-expanding roster of designers and top brands that are pushing the envelope. We suggest popping in and picking up the latest fashion trends while enjoying the live musical performances.
2. Come Paint with Us by Art & Travel
Art & Travel offers a fantastic experience to express oneself productively and creatively. They will have a two-day studio at the Packages Mall Grand for the youth to understand the importance of art in their lives. It might be a good idea to check out and have the freedom to paint your heart out.
Participation is FREE.
- When: Wednesday, February 14 – February 16 (4 pm)
- Where: Packages Mall (Walton Road, Lahore)
3. Moseeki Night 2018 by Thanet Group
We are always on a lookout for a good concert. Coke studio sensation Aima Baig will be performing live with Nouman Khalid and Ali Rizwan in a live show this Thursday. The event will bring up smashing music acts to get everyone grooving in the night. Make sure to mark the attendance!
- When: Thursday, February 15 (6 pm)
- Where: Lahore City, Lahore
4. THP Movie Night by the Happieee Place
THP brings you another exciting movie night. This time they are showcasing the 1990’s classic “Awakenings” which is an American drama film based on Oliver Sacks’s 1973 memoir of the same title. Awakenings convey a wonderful tale of immense courage of the patients and the profound experience of their doctors “as in a small way they re-experienced what it means to be born, to open your eyes and discover to your astonishment that “you” are alive”. Grab your friends and family and have a perfect Friday movie night.
- When: Friday, February 16 (8pm-10:30pm)
- Where: The Happieee Place (69, Main Boulevard, Gulberg Lahore)
5. Call for Auditions by Olomopolo Media
Listen up Ladies; if you are interested in theatre or acting, this event’s for you! Olomopolo Media is auditioning for an exciting upcoming play, directed by Fatima A. Maan, as part of the AKS International Minorities Festival. They are looking for females aged 16 to 30. You have to play to win.
- When: Friday, February 16 (6 pm-9 pm)
- Where: Olomopolo Media (43-A Block D, New Muslim Town, Lahore)
Karachi 12th-16th February 2018
6. Film Screening: Mard Ban. Be a Man (Aurelie Salvaire) by the Second Floor (T2F)
Join us at the Faraar Gallery, for the screening of “Mard Ban”. The documentary film reflects an understanding of masculinity by exploring their caring side. Aurelie Salvaire is passionate about storytelling. She is a social innovator and an active speaker. “Mard Ban” highlights the lingering stereotypes and sheds light on, how do men deal with the pressure of providing financially while being discouraged to express doubts and fears?
- When: Monday, February 12 (7 pm- 8:30 pm)
- Where: Faraar Gallery, The Second Floor (T2F)
7. Light Object Space by Studio Seven
Studio Seven is dedicated to supporting and promoting the Pakistani artists. A two-person show “Light Object Space” – Curated by Grabrielle Brinsmead features artworks by S.m. Raza and Nayab Noor. These artists are inspired by every aspect of living; from ordinary objects to the canvasses of the past. “S. M. Raza’s palette is moody and thoughtful, his canvases spare, almost empty but suggestive of human life”. Whereas, inspired by Van Gogh, “Nayab Noor’s compact canvases burst with the colourful turbulence of light-filled interiors”. The exhibit will help you understand different styles, characterisation, setting and scene as each canvas stands alone as a comment on light, object and place.
- When: Tuesday, February 13 (5 pm-8 pm)- February 23 (10 am-8 pm)
- Where: Studio Seven (F42/1, E street, Block 4, Clifton, Karachi)
8. Salt Soirée 20 Ft. Natasha Baig by Salt Arts
With the Pakistani music scene in full swing, Salt Arts presents Natasha Baig (all the way from beautiful Hunza!). This starlet is the face of the music industry in Hunza, promoting her culture through Sufi rock. If you are passionate about Sufi music like us, check it out.
- When: Wednesday, February 14 (8:30 pm-11 pm)
- Where: Côte Rôtie (Alliance Francaise, Plot/St-1, Block 8, Kehkashan, Clifton, Karachi)
9. “HUA KUCH YOON” by KopyKats Productions
If you didn’t catch this in Lahore, it’s not too late! “Hua Kuch Yoon”- the epic saga of First Love is now playing in Karachi after a successful journey in Lahore and Islamabad. The treat is not to be missed at any cost. Begin your week on a fantastic note by watching 90 minutes of wit and emotions. The play is written by legendary Sajid Hassan with perfectly executed scenes by Dawar Mehmood. Watch “Hua Kuch Yoon” to find out how the story of two souls, who are strong-headed and passionate about their respective countries, comes around. This one’s truly awesome.
- When: Thursday, February 15 (7 pm-9 pm)
- Where: Arts Council (M.R. Kiyani Road, Karachi)
10. Make It at the Library: Kitchen Gardening with Tofiq Pasha by British Council Pakistan
Calling all home gardeners! Whether you are a rookie gardener or known for your green finger, this is the perfect workshop for all health conscious nature lovers. Join Tofiq Paha at the Karachi Library and learn how to make your kitchen garden brimming with nutritious vegetables and herbs! We suggest you take the workshop to help you take fresh and healthy ingredients to your table – straight from your garden.
Note: This workshop is recommended for ages 11 and above.
- When: Friday, February 16 (4 pm-6:30 pm)
- Where: British Council Karachi (Shahrah-e-Iran, Clifton, Karachi)
- For details click, https://www.facebook.com/events/270753313460009/
Islamabad 12th-16th February 2018
Mic Drop and The Hive present “Qawwali Night- a tribute to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan” featuring spellbinding rendition by “Babar Qawwal” and his talented crew. Brace yourself for an unforgettable night of Halka Halka Suroor and soulful Qawwalis.
- When: Wednesday, February 14 (7 pm- 9:30 pm)
- Where: The Hive at Islamabad (1st Floor, Plot 14E, Manzoor Plaza, Block D, Blue Area, Fazle Haq, Islamabad)
12. Unforgettable Valentine’s Day
Young fresh super talented artists showcase their musical talent at Mini Golf Club this Valentine’s Day. Zohaib Amjad, Arbaz Khan & Aryan Khan” will make you and your loved ones feel special with their soulful singing.
- When: Wednesday, February 14 (8 pm-11 pm)
- Where: Mini Golf Club (Corniche Road, Bahria Town Phase IV, Rawalpindi)
13. Skiing Trip to Malam_Jabba by Limitless Adventures
Its Skiing season and Limitless Adventurers brings you an exciting package to Malam Jabba, Swat. The package features include Skiing, snowboarding and a round of chairlift in snow-covered mountains. Go skiing, sit by cosy fires and explore the frozen kingdom, with ice and snow adding new shapes to the landscape.
- When: Friday, February 16 – February 18
- Where: Malam Jabba (Hill Top, Swat)
- For booking details click, https://www.facebook.com/events/366723290456144/
14. Chinese Film Month by China Culture Center in Pakistan
Pop into PNCA, lecture hall this week on the 16th to celebrate Chinese New Year. The China Culture Center is showcasing a selected list of Chinese documentaries and films to get you inspired by the Orient!
- When: Friday, February 16(5:30 pm)
- Where: Pakistan National Council of the Arts -PNCA, Lecture Hall